Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Ken Will Morton Fan

So I have been officially made a full member at the farmer's market! It looks like I will be there for all the dates in previous post! I have been really busy working on new jewelry and I found some great old skeleton keys just the other day.  You know the kind...intricate scroll work at the top.  I am really excited about coming up with designs using these pieces of history.

At the farmers market on Saturday we were graced with a fairly large crowd considering the 100F weather.  One thing worth mentioning is one of the bands that played music at the market. Luckily I have my stand near the music area so I get to see the performers do their dirty work. Ken Will Morton was playing during the last half of the market and I am here to tell you that if you haven't heard of this guy, you should check it out. He lives here in Athens and honestly I am just astounded that I hadn't heard of him before yesterday.  Their performance yesterday prompted me to run over and spend my hard earned money on 2 cds.  I can now report that it was money very well spent. So...check him out at either www.kenwillmorton.com or even better, go see him and his band play at the Green Room on Thomas Street on Saturday at 9:30pm during Athfest.  You will not be disappointed.  

Here are some photos of my new pieces:





1 comment:

  1. Hi again! WOW, you sure have been B.U.S.Y. Love your new pieces and T and I are thrilled you will be at the Market as a regular. Get ready to sell tons of stuff and not just to me,either.
    My friend loved her new necklace -- actually got tears in her eyes -- and I can't wait to see your new wares in person.
    Take care and have a great week.

    Candace in Athens

    ReplyDelete