Monday, June 22, 2009

Happenings in Athens

Well, as many of you may be aware, the Georgia Theatre burned last Friday to the dismay of many Athens residents.  I myself was awestruck at the news. To think that the place where I spent many Friday and Saturday nights during my college years (and beyond) is now nothing but walls is hard to grasp.  One thing we can all do is hold on to our memories that were made there and hope that the great venue will rise again.  


Luckily, Athfest is right around the corner and Athens will change from a dreary summer college town into a bustling epicenter of music and crafts.  I have been to Athfest in previous years but I can honestly say that I am most excited about this year’s performers and the far reaching scope of music genres.  I hope that all of you can make it out to hear some music and peruse the artist market. My friend Celan (the painter I have mentioned here in my blog) will be showing her paintings and she has agreed to have a few of my pieces on display as well.  I would have loved to have my own booth this year, but I did not make the deadline. I hope next year will be an option!


On another note, I have recently found out that a former downtown employer of mine has been taking pieces that I created while at the store and claiming them as her own creations on Etsy.  In addition, many of the new pieces created at this establishment are very, shall we say, reminiscent of my jewelry designs.  I left this particular position to concentrate on growing my own jewelry business as a full time venture.  I just want all of my customers to know that I do my very best to come up with unique and original designs that I hope you all enjoy. I put my heart and soul into each piece, from start to finish, and I take great pride in displaying my work for you on Etsy, at the farmer’s market, and at various craft shows.  Luckily, I have received great feedback from everyone and this encourages me to continue my pursuit of rustic/vintage style jewelry.  Every day is a new opportunity to create fun and exciting pieces and I look forward to all of your feedback and ideas!  Hopefully these unfortunate events will be put to rest soon and I can continue to count on all of you for your support. Thanks to all my loyal customers and I hope to see you soon!  


Now, get out there and enjoy Athfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment