Sunday, September 6, 2009

Scrabble, the grey kitty

So Scrabble, one of our three cats, had quite a time of it yesterday. I found him limping through the cat door with blood dripping from his back paw. Ross and I tried to rinse the wound just to see what the problem was but we couldn't seem to stop the blood flow. We decided to run him to the vet immediately and I'm glad we did after knowing what was wrong. He apparently got bitten by a snake and had a deep puncture wound that had started turning black almost immediately. He had a high fever and his entire leg had continued to swell really badly. We were really glad we took him to the vet when we did. All I know is that I hope I don't run across that same snake! Scrabble's puncture wound looks really bad. He'll be fine, though. I would post some pics but they are not for the faint of heart.

Well, I'll be out at the Athens Farmers Market this Saturday, so stop by if you're near!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, poor old Scrabble! I always worry this type thing will happen to My Girls (two dogs) who stay out in our back yard a lot. Last year, we had just come back from a walk around the block and guess what I myself nearly tromped on but a copperhead. Not fun. IN THEIR PEN.
    Hope the fella continues to improve and I hope to see you this Saturday!
    Candace in Athens

    ReplyDelete